By choosing an environment friendly car one can make a significant contribution towards ensuring a cleaner environment. Environment friendly cars can help reduce fuel consumption and bring down emissions to almost nil. Keep in mind environmental friendly does not mean the power of the 4×4 is compromised. If you are using a 4×4 for off roading you will get the strength and towing experience that you are seeking in a 4×4. Westcott Towbars has a good range of towbars suited for all 4x4s.
Increasingly, vehicles are being developed from ground up with “sustainable mobility” as the main focus.
The Australian Government has launched an online tool called “Green Vehicle Guide” which provides information on environmental performance of light vehicles sold in the country and helps consumers choose the most appropriate environment friendly cars. According to the Green Vehicle Guide the top five environment friendly cars in Australia are as follows:
1. BMW i3 is an all electric car which has been developed on a production model designed for sustainability at every stage, from development to production and finally everyday use. This all-electric car generates no emissions and odours. The BMW i3 has superb agility and acceleration and takes only 7.2 seconds to go from 0-100 km/hr. It gives unadulterated driving pleasure as it is extremely silent, has superb agility and takes you to your destination emission free.
2. Mitsubishi iMiEV is a fully electric car. The internal combustion gasoline engine has been replaced with an efficient electric motor and a high-tech drivetrain which produces zero on road emissions. With a mileage of 112 miles per gallon equivalent it is one of the most efficient electric cars.
3. Nissan Leaf is also a fully electric zero Co2 tailpipe emission car. This car depends upon Nissan’s most advanced lithium-ion batteries. This car is perfect for the Australian climate, its rear spoiler’s solar panel converts sunlight into energy for the 12v battery and helps power the cars accessories.
4. Renault Kangoo is a part of Renault’s electric car range and is one of the world’s top selling all electric utility vehicle.
5. Tesla Model S has an advanced electric powertrain. Model S has two motors, one in front and one in the rear, and these help control torque to the front and rear wheels. This results in unparalleled traction control in all conditions. In comparison to conventional 4 wheel drive cars, this car has lighter, smaller and more efficient motors which provide improved range and faster acceleration.