A first aid kit like is essentially a collection of supplies and/or equipment which are required for providing first aid. A well-stocked and easily accessible first aid kit is a must for every home and especially for families with toddlers and small children.
The contents of a first aid kit vary widely and largely depend upon the knowledge and experience of the person putting it together. There are a variety of first aid kits available in the market such as those developed by the St. John Ambulance, Australian Red Cross, Australia Wide First Aid among others. These organizations offer a wide variety of pre designed kits suitable for various sites, population groups and purposes.
Despite the easy availability of pre designed kits it may be better to put together your own kit based on your family’s needs. Following is a list of the most crucial contents that you consider including in your family’s first aid kit:
- Bandage and dressing supplies: Conforming bandage 5 cm and 10 cm (3 each); hypo allergenic tape 1.25 cm x 9.1 m (1); triangular bandage 110 cm x 110 cm (4); gauze sterile swabs 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm (5); Dressing wound # 13, #14 and #15 (1 each); non adherent dressing 7.5 cm x 10 cm (6); non adherent pad 10 cm x 20 cm (3); eye pad large (2), adhesive strips (packet of 50); swabs alcohol (packet of 10); sterile cotton (10 packs)
- Tools: Scissors Sharp / Blunt 12.5 cm, Forceps Sharp 12.5 cm, safety pins (bag of 12), thermometer (digital), cold pack (instant)
- Disposable stuff: Gloves latex (2) and disposable plastic bags (100 x 180 mm and 150 x 230 mm)
- Medicines: Antiseptic burn aid gel, itch relief gel, antiseptic cream / gel for wounds, saline eye and wound irrigation
- Reference Material: First aid quick reference guide, CPR card (85 x 55 mm), notebook and pencil / pen.
In addition, the case of the kit should preferably be of metal which can be wall mountable in order to keep it away from small children. The design must be such that the contents can be stored in an organised manner and can be easily accessed in case of an emergency.
The juxtaposition of sea, sand and sun make for a romantic wedding location. Exchanging vows on a beautiful beach, with all its beauty and tranquillity, breath taking sunrises and romantic sunsets are all elements which couples are looking for while searching for a dream wedding location. Given its abundant coastline, Australia offers many such locations, the top five are listed below:
Factory 51 wedding venue is boutique industrial function venue, bar and bistro that is located in a lovingly restored old industrial building in the heart of Coorparoo. This new Brisbane venue is blessed with stunning red brick walls, an elegant design & a large alfresco space.
Villa Botanica is a wedding location unmatched anywhere in Australia and for that matter in the world. Located at the edge of the Coral Sea, Villa Botanica overlooks the Pioneer Bay, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. The villa has the distinction of being voted Queensland’s Best Ceremony Venue at the Queensland Annual Bridal Industry Awards in 2014.
Pullman Quay Grand is a five star harbour view wedding venue. Located at east Circular Quay on Sydney Harbour, it provides awesome views of the Sydney Harbour including the Iconic Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay. Another positive about this location is that it is very close to all major Sydney attractions like the Sydney Opera House, etc.
Clifftop’s Philip Island, is perched between the sea and the sky and offers breath-taking views of the Smith’s Beach, Pyramid Rock, Bass Strait and the rolling farmland. Its location is exceptional given that it is quite close to the Melbourne Central Business District. Visitors are also likely to be thrilled with the wildlife that has made this spot its home. Clifftop is an ideal site for crafted custom weddings.
Peppers Blue on Blue Resort is the only five star resort located on Magnetic Island. It overlooks a private marina and picturesque mountains and is a perfect location both for small intimate weddings or large lavish celebrations. Peppers Blue on Blue resort offers a range of beautiful venues including numerous bays around Magnetic Island, lawns on the property or at the sandy beach.
Kewarra Beach Resort and Spa is a romantic nature resort on the shores of the Great Barrier Reef. The resort’s gardens and beachfront locations offer the perfect setting for a great celebration. Its location on the beachfront which boasts of stunning views of the Coral Sea makes the resort an ideal location for an unforgettable wedding.
Be it a romantic wedding, a rustic wedding or simply a wedding on a budget the options are there
By choosing an environment friendly car one can make a significant contribution towards ensuring a cleaner environment. Environment friendly cars can help reduce fuel consumption and bring down emissions to almost nil. Keep in mind environmental friendly does not mean the power of the 4×4 is compromised. If you are using a 4×4 for off roading you will get the strength and towing experience that you are seeking in a 4×4. Westcott Towbars has a good range of towbars suited for all 4x4s.
Increasingly, vehicles are being developed from ground up with “sustainable mobility” as the main focus.
The Australian Government has launched an online tool called “Green Vehicle Guide” which provides information on environmental performance of light vehicles sold in the country and helps consumers choose the most appropriate environment friendly cars. According to the Green Vehicle Guide the top five environment friendly cars in Australia are as follows:
1. BMW i3 is an all electric car which has been developed on a production model designed for sustainability at every stage, from development to production and finally everyday use. This all-electric car generates no emissions and odours. The BMW i3 has superb agility and acceleration and takes only 7.2 seconds to go from 0-100 km/hr. It gives unadulterated driving pleasure as it is extremely silent, has superb agility and takes you to your destination emission free.
2. Mitsubishi iMiEV is a fully electric car. The internal combustion gasoline engine has been replaced with an efficient electric motor and a high-tech drivetrain which produces zero on road emissions. With a mileage of 112 miles per gallon equivalent it is one of the most efficient electric cars.
3. Nissan Leaf is also a fully electric zero Co2 tailpipe emission car. This car depends upon Nissan’s most advanced lithium-ion batteries. This car is perfect for the Australian climate, its rear spoiler’s solar panel converts sunlight into energy for the 12v battery and helps power the cars accessories.
4. Renault Kangoo is a part of Renault’s electric car range and is one of the world’s top selling all electric utility vehicle.
5. Tesla Model S has an advanced electric powertrain. Model S has two motors, one in front and one in the rear, and these help control torque to the front and rear wheels. This results in unparalleled traction control in all conditions. In comparison to conventional 4 wheel drive cars, this car has lighter, smaller and more efficient motors which provide improved range and faster acceleration.
It isn’t far-fetched to say that a person who cannot nurture herself cannot nurture anyone. To nurture means to cherish, support, encourage someone. Nurturing yourself means making “yourself” the number one priority and taking care of your needs. Given that women mostly play the nurturing role in families and societies it is important that they learn to first nurture themselves.
Women have multiple roles in varied capacities (as a wife, mother, daughter, daughter-in-law, professional, etc.) all of which demand a lot of their time and energies. However, in the midst of all these roles and demands every woman must make it a priority to take out time to nurture her own self. Natural and alternate therapies to treat existing ailments, and ways to better your life are available at Green Goodness Co . This is crucial for not only their own happiness but also their family’s.
A good way to start nurturing yourself is by ensuring that you keep yourself healthy. You can begin by eating healthy, nutritious, wholesome foods suitable for your body type. The ancient Indian science of Ayurveda can help you identify the foods suitable for your body type. Along with good food include some amount of exercise in your daily schedule. It could be walking, running or yoga. In order to maintain a positive self-image you must take care of your looks. Don’t feel guilty and pamper yourself with some massages, pedicures and manicures. Go for that long pending hair treatment.
You must also work at keeping your mind happy and healthy, positive thinking and reading motivational literature can help tremendously. Deep breathing and guided meditation techniques can also help in relaxing the mind and ensuring that you are in a high life condition always. Take care of your soul, think positive thoughts and believe that the forces of the universe are there to protect you and to take care of you.
If involved in a profession try and enjoy what you do and give it your 100 percent. Along with your profession pick up a hobby to get your creative juices flowing, it could be anything, either art, craft, dance or music.
Smile at the world and the world will smile back at you. Also don’t miss any opportunity to laugh out loud with your kids, family and friends. Life is too short so enjoy it till you have it.